Ark Royal after being torpedoed by U-boat U-81. The Ark Royal was an aircraft carrier of the Royal Navy that was commisioned in 1937 and served during the Second World War. She was torpedoed on 13 November 1941 by the German submarine U-81 around 35 mi or 56 km from Gibraltar, and sank the following day.
- navalarchitecture likes this
- ship-wrecked-bones reblogged this from thecrashingdownofhollowyears
- thecrashingdownofhollowyears reblogged this from wwii-in-photographs
- youremy-anchor reblogged this from humanssafterall
- victoryordeathhh reblogged this from wwii-in-photographs
- 86278263789 likes this
- wwii-in-photographs posted this